At JWPCreers chartered accountants based in York and Selby, we work with a large variety of charities of various sizes and types across a very large exciting sector in our society. Over the years we have developed extensive expertise and experience in the financial, accountancy and tax issues affecting this sector. We also support a number of not-for-profit organisations too.
In order to meet the requirements of our charity clients and ensure compliance with the Institute of Chartered Accountants of England and Wales (ICAEW) ethical requirements, we operate through two separate departments; charity and not-for-profit accounting and support services and charity audits.
This structure provides our clients with the regular support they need as well as providing independent, added value reporting on financial statements.
Our services include:
- independent examination services
- preparing statutory accounts
- advice on and assistance with budgets, management accounts, cash flows and raising finance
- advice on other tax issues, including Gift Aid, the treatment of trading activities, use of trading subsidiaries and assisting with theatre tax credit claims
- assistance with VAT compliance and planning
- payroll services, both through our in-house services and also providing short term cover for sickness and holidays
- bookkeeping assistance
- audits of grant applications
- general advice and guidance
JWPCreers LLP are also registered auditors and have considerable charity audit experience with a wide variety of charity audit clients as well as commercial companies.
In addition to services detailed above, specific financing support can be provided by our specialist Corporate Finance team.
Please feel free to contact us for more information on our services for charities around York, Selby or nationwide.
Our charities team