Corporate Social Responsibility
We recognise that we can have both a positive and negative impact on our environment, our community and our workplace. We therefore are committed to improving our corporate social responsibility in these three key areas.
This policy will be monitored and adapted when necessary to ensure our impact remains positive, and will be the responsibility of all our staff.
- We are committed to reducing any negative impact on our environment by reducing our production of waste and consumption of energy.
- We will repair, re-use and recycle!
- We will reduce our carbon footprint by using as little paper as possible, avoiding unnecessary printing, re-using stationery and sending emails instead of writing letters where appropriate. Files will be scanned into our computer system, instead of being sent to storage.
- Key members of staff have been provided with mobile phones and remote-access IT systems to enable them to work from home and so avoid some need for employee commuting.
- Our telephone system allows conference calling between our office in York and Selby, and our offices and clients, which mean less business travel.
- Cloud computing technology, including hosted solutions are used to improve the utilisation of our computer resources.
- We will encourage paper and cardboard to be recycled, and electricity usage to be reduced. Computers, lights and heaters should be switched off whenever possible.
- We regularly sponsor activities and individual organisations supporting worthy charitable organisations, and we directly support and contribute to local charitable events.
- We look for opportunities to give expertise to help people extend their own abilities. We find the success of this goes beyond the investment we have made.
- We provide a friendly, connected workplace to help our employees gain an acceptable work-life balance. This helps them maintain their health and well-being and to balance their professional and personal commitments.
- We operate a dignity at work policy, showing our commitment to create a working environment in which Individuals are valued for their contribution and can develop to their full potential.
- Every effort is made to ensure that all members of staff are able to work enthusiastically with a sense of satisfaction and achievement. Nevertheless, queries, problems or grievances will arise from time to time and we aim to resolve such issues in a simple, fair and rapid manner as near to the point of origin as possible, through conversation and formal procedures.
- We organise communication days, away from the office, in order for the Partners to update staff on new developments, procedures etc. and to encourage staff to be open and discuss any concerns they may have.
- We email internal newsletters to keep the staff up-to-date with changes in personnel and practice issues. We spotlight an employee and a department each issue to ensure each department is aware of other departments’ roles within the Practice./li>
- Our employees participate in professional development, as highly skilled employees are critical to us.
For more information on our accountancy and business advisory services in York & Selby, Yorkshire, or to arrange a free business or wealth management health check, please contact us.